Last updated: December 18, 2014
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information to other Easytether Group companies or agents, as permitted by law.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organization unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All Easytether Group companies, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at Easytether will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
- Security is our top priority. Easytether will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of our website supports the use of 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology – an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
- Our web servers are protected behind “firewalls” and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary.
Both you and Easytether play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your account details including your Username and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of it. Do not share your Username and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
You should safeguard your unique Username and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. When choosing your unique Username and Password for the first time, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognizable part of your name. If you think your Username and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorized transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Cookies can make the site more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular sites, thus enabling website owners to provide more useful features for their users. The information collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data, and contain no name or address information or any information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, e-mail or any other means. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website
Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion. Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact our representatives e-mail.
Notice to Customers Relating to Personal Data (Privacy)
This Statement is made by Easytether and is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
a) From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of facilities or provision of services or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
b) Failure to supply such data may result in Easytether being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue facilities or provide services or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
c) It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship (for example in case the guidelines change).
d) The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
I. the daily operation of the services and facilities provided to customers;
II. meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Easytether under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the Bank or any of its branches are expected to comply;
e) Data held by Easytether relating to a customer will be kept confidential but Easytether may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph (d):
I. any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to Easytether in connection with the operation of its business;
II. any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Easytether including a group company of Easytether which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
III. any person to whom Easytether is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Easytether or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Easytether is expected to comply.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above.
Thank you for choosing Easytether.